Collecting antique or vintage jewellery is not everyone’s forte and requires a keen eye and expertise for penchant details and exquisite finish. The antique jewellery market is enormous and contains pieces that hold great importance in history, with impeccable and unmatched design patterns. There are many jewellery consultants to help people with authentic advice and help them collect hard-to-get pieces. Buying antique jewellery is an investment and takes lots of time and research. It is an intimidating process for people with limited knowledge and exposure in this field.
The classic aspect of antique jewellery is its ability to tell a story. Items hold history and memory in ways more complex and immediately noticeable to the eye. Jewellery pieces are made to last and host great significance in terms of investment and are meant to be passed down to generations. For these reasons, there is a wide market for vintage and antique jewellery. Let’s see top tips in collecting antique jewellery.
Let's See Top Tips in Collecting Antique Jewellery:
- Intriguing History: Antique jewellery contains a great deal of history and personal sentiment. These jewellery pieces connect us to their original owner in an interesting manner and cherish the heirloom’s treasured story. It’s like collecting stories and poems and sharing them with the world.
- Striking Characteristics: Whenever you are going to select antique jewellery pieces, look for their exclusive, striking features; pieces with character, great colour, and interesting details. The mere idea of owning something so rare and almost impossible to obtain is remarkable. Antique jewellery pieces were designed with impeccable and effortless detailing in those times, and it will be a treasure owning them.
- Investment: People mostly invest in jewellery as an investment and aim to encash the best piece at great pricing. A lot of vintage jewellery is distinct to a specific era yet fits in the modern trends with ease. Investing in these kinds of jewellery pieces is definitely a sustainable option that will withstand the test of time. The quality, originality and uniqueness of such pieces is incomparable, and it will be a meaningful investment.
- Latest Trends: Lot of trends are influenced by the vintage jewellery designs and detailing of the past age. Like Chokers, Chand Bali, etc., are some of the famous trends that people like to buy till today. All these styles belong to the historical era of royal Nizams and Mughals and signify great patterns and styling. What will be the best thing apart from getting these original antique pieces from that time in your collection.
- Sustainability: Buying pre-owned pieces of jewellery contributes to sustainable practice and makes you a part of the continuous journey. The antique or vintage piece of jewellery must have been through so much by the time it has landed in your hands and usually made to last for generations.
Chand Begum is a trusted and known jewellery brand in India that deals in rare and exclusive jewellery and jewelled objects that come from the personal collections of princely and noble families, as well as renowned private collectors. All through these years, we have successfully built a name and reputation for ourselves that is synonymous with the finest and most exquisite pieces of jewellery. Browse through our collection of antique jewellery for more details.